Thursday, January 31, 2008

The Perfect Job

Finishing grad school in May means churing out applications like there is no tomorrow. I think I have ten out right now, and I am constantly looking for new opportunites I qualify for. People keep asking "What is the perfect job?" My answer includes something in reference, perferably academic, for me public service is what being a librarian is about. I have come across and applied for a few fellowships...learning on the job sounds good. I know I would be low on the Totem pole so to speak, but you have to start somewhere. Disney, one company I worked for often promotes from within. Many "cast members" have stories of starting out in Magic Kingdom scooping ice cream and ending up with their dream job some years later. Someone hand me the proverbial ice cream scoop, and show me where to start!

No comments: